Research, Innovations and Clinical Vignettes – Scientific Abstract and Poster Competition
The Society of Hospital Medicine’s Scientific Abstract and Poster Competition, known as Research, Innovations and Clinical Vignettes (RIV), is one of the most popular events at SHM’s Annual Meeting. It enables hospitalists from across the country to discuss emerging science and clinical cases, share feedback and make valuable professional connections. Many of the cutting-edge abstracts that are first presented at SHM’s RIV sessions go on to be published in respected medical journals.
The competition features more than 1,700 applicants vying for approximately 900 poster spots. Plenary and oral sessions are chosen from the pool of abstracts prior to the meeting, and their authors are invited to present on-site at HM18. The competition now includes a special Trainee Award category for resident and student authors.
- Monday, April 9, 2018
- Don’t miss the first Clinical Vignettes Poster Competition in the Exhibit Hall from Noon – 1:30 p.m.
- Network with your colleagues at the Research & Innovations Poster Competition in the Exhibit Hall, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Best of Research and Innovations in 2018 Presentations from 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. in the Exhibit Hall.
- Don’t miss the second Clinical Vignettes Poster Competition in the Exhibit Hall from Noon – 1:30 p.m.
- Learn from the oral Research and Innovations presentations via the Top 15 Advances in Research & Development educational track.
Looking to submit?
The 2018 competition closed on December 3, 2017, and will re-open in September 2018 for the Hospital Medicine 2019 competition.
- Announcement of acceptance: January 2018
- Finalist announcements: February 2018